Thursday, May 24, 2012

MUSINGS OF A TEA TOTALLER

According to a news report, the average Indian ( if such a creature exists) drinks 22 litres of beer per year

AVERAGE CONSUMPTION OF BEER - 22 LITRES PER YEAR

Twentytwo litres per year
If we take the case of beer
The maths works out queer
Just seventy millilitres a day
who will get high on it pray?
If it is the same volume of wine
it will go down well and I'll be fine
If it is 70 ml of gin
I will just bear it and grin
Same quantity of rum
would make me really glum
Gimme 70 ml of brandy
And people will call me a dandy
If I settle for whiskey
At my age a Patiala peg will be risky !!!

So let me turn to the cup that cheers
But does not inebriate
I can gulp cup after cup with no fears
Sitting on my rocking chair and ruminate
For me nothing suits like fresh green tea
Bought lots of it while returning from Ooty

No comments: